6.19.2013

Stuff You Might Have Missed In The Paula Deen Brouhaha

The butter has hit the pan again for Food Network star and cookbook author Paula Deen. The National Enquirer was the first to report that Deen admitted to having used the N-word in a deposition for a lawsuit brought against her by a former employee. The entire deposition was filed into the court record as part of the lawsuit.

Full disclosure: I've been to her restaurant The Lady and Sons, in Savannah, Ga., and bought an apron that reads, "Country Cooking Makes You Good Looking." I wear it when I bake.

I decided to spend some time reading the deposition transcript, which was full of tidbits about the workplace environment. (I do these things so you don't have to, but if you are so inclined: the official transcript of the deposition).


No comments :